Hey Wayward Friends,
River out at River’s World was kind enough…or out of her mind — perhaps, both — but she nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. My first ever!
Does this mean I have to hide my dark side away for a post or two? Bwahhahha! NEVER!
Thanks Bunches, River!
I’d take you out for a drink, River…but well…when you make it out to my neck of the woods, we’ll do it. ‘K? Until then, it’s the thought that counts. Cheers, my friend!
So, apparently, there are rules that must be followed in order to accept this honor, which I’ve highlighted in green so they’re easy to find. You’re welcome!
- You have to thank the blogger that nominated you.
Of course! That goes without saying, really! Check.
- Answer the questions.
QUESTIONS?!!! I don’t see no stinkin’ questions! I just see the rules listed above and below.
- Nominate new blogs to receive the award and in this case, ask them to list 5 to 10 random facts about themselves.
Okay, I see how this is playing out…So, to the bloggers I nominate — will you please list 5 to 10 random facts about your badass selves? See? Now it’s in question form!
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or blog.
Done and done!
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on their blog post.
I believe you’re only supposed to nominate 5 bloggers. At least that’s what River did. So I’m following suit; which sucks to only nominate 5. Anyway, I’ve given this considerable thought. I wanted to highlight a few bloggers who are long-term favs as well as a couple of new favs. I adore each of my blogger friends, of course, and it’s killing me to just pick 5. Anyway, I’m aware that some of you have multiple Sunshine Blogger Awards; all well deserved! Just so you know, if you already have been nominated recently or have received so many that you have little room left on your shelf; yep, know that I would have nominated you, too; but I’m going to try and go with a few bloggers who haven’t received this award yet…or recently. Also, some of my favorite blogger friends appear to be on hiatus (they haven’t written a post in quite a while), so I thought I’d not put them on the spot when they aren’t currently in action. So, that, too, sucks. Anyway, here we go.
Drum roll, please —
An Unboring Path — Because one should always go down the path that is most unboring.
Fresh Hell — Exquisite writing, poetry, art — down-to-earth creative genius all around!
Lille Sparven — Not too many people make me cackle out loud like she does!
Pollyanna’s Path — I just discovered this blogger. Authentic and wonderful and her words make me feel good!
See Jayne Run — I just discovered this blogger who can resonate with her words like nobody’s business. She has important things to say!
(side note: if I had sandwiched An Unboring Path between Lille Sparven and Pollyanna’s Path and then you were to read the first letters going down the list, it would have said FLAPS! HA! but it doesn’t because I’m going in alphabetical order. So it says AFLPS instead.)
Anyway, if this award isn’t your thing, just disregard; but know that I thought highly enough of you to nominate you! The best to each of you and the people you choose to nominate as well!
Okay, last thing: (5 random things about me) —
- I used to create and sell painted and/or mixed media canvases and actually made decent money doing this.
- Before I started selling artwork, I was once a vendor in an antique mall.
- My first job out of high school was sheetrocking with my dad.
- My husband and I are 23 years apart in age.
- I once jumped from the lower balcony to the floor at a concert at Reunion Arena in Dallas, Texas. It was after Billy Squier’s set when the house lights went off, right before Queen came on stage. The guy I was with also jumped, but he got caught by security and was thrown out. I didn’t know this until after the concert. Thank God we were there with a group; otherwise, who knows how I would have gotten home.
Okay, now I feel naked having shared so much. So while I get myself put back together, it’s your turn to share something random about yourself; but only if you want to!
PS ~ a little music to put us in the mood for The Sunshine Blogger Award