Just a few things I came across this past week that don’t garner a post all by their lonesome. Still, I thought I’d mention it for your entertainment and/or information. I’ll let you decide: Funny, horrible, relevant, something else?
- I was flipping channels on Sunday and came across Celebrity Family Feud. I thought...eh, why not. I was not disappointed. It was The Queer Eye for the Straight Guy OG’s playing against the QEFTSG New Class. I don’t know the guys in the new group, but I used to watch the OG’s regularly and I was sad when the guys moved on to other things. BTW, Lauren says that we can credit the French tuck to Tan France, one of the QEFTSG New Class guys. I like the French tuck on everyone but me. On me, it becomes the “French Bubble” and isn’t nearly as attractive as the “French Tuck” is on others. I’ve been looking for somewhere on the internet where I can send you so you can see the hilarity ensue between all of these guys for yourselves, but this was about all I could find.
Maybe you can find it if you have the feature on your TV that allows you to look up and watch a missed episode. Fingers crossed you can. If not, I understand that RuPaul and the cast of Drag Race will be on the June 14 show, so I’m betting that episode will be just as fun and fierce!
- I was kicking myself for not putting music up for the Space Launch on my last blog like EJ’s Rocket Man
- Or Oasis’s Supersonic. That’s when I came across
Serendeptious Finds aka
- Denis Leary’s Asshole — I don’t know. It’s from 1995 and I’d never seen this before, but I think this may explain a lot in today’s world.
Really, Barnes & Noble?
- Last Monday, Barnes & Noble sent me this. I haven’t bought books from them since last fall. Even so, They sent me “Recommendations Just For You —
Mona, based on your recent purchase of F*ck That: An Honest Meditation, our team of experts hand-selected a few recommendations just for you. Check out your personalized picks below, or find something great at your local B&N store or on BN.com.”
Their recommendations are thus (followed by my thoughts):
Creative Cursing: A Mix and Match Profanity Generator by Sarah Royal — (I have friends that are very good at this that I borrow from. They’re also free. My special thanks to Sarah and Lille)
How Not to Be a Dick: An Everyday Etiquette Guide by Meghan Doherty — (It’s a choice, pure and simple.)
Fat Cat Art: Famous Masterpieces Improved by a Ginger Cat with Attitude by Svetlana Petrova — (Yawn, time for a nap)
The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a Fuck: How to Stop Spending Time You Don’t Have With People You Don’t Like Doing Things You Don’t Want to Do by Sarah Knight — (Nancy Reagan said it best, “Just say no,” and quit being a whiny baby, ‘k?!)
Bad Little Children’s Books: KidLit Parodies, Shameless Spooks and Offensively Tweaked Covers by Arthur C. Gackley — (I already have one. I got it from the Half Price Bookstore 😉 );
A Child’s First Book of Trump by Marc Rosenthal and Michael Ian Black — (Not going to touch that with a ten-foot pole. Nope, nope, nope);
The Joys of Getting Older by Sarah Agee — (let’s see…your body starts falling apart; people start looking through you as though you’re invisible because you don’t represent their ideals of money, beauty or influence anymore; people stop hiring you ergo you don’t have any money anymore; and you begin to see that your lifestyle days are numbered as well as your actual days. Happy, happy, joy, joy. Get off my lawn you snarky little shits! Am I missing anything?) and
The Worst-Case Survival Handbook: Expert Advice for Extreme Situations by Joshua Piven — (That’s something I could actually use right now considering that I’m getting older.)
All I can say is wow. I don’t know if I feel more understood or insulted, B&N. “Hand-selected by a team of experts” my ass! So that’s what they’re calling algorithms these days. Good to know. Lastly,
- If you’ve watched the riots and have seen the graffiti all over the place that says “Fuck 12” you might be wondering what that means. I know I did, so I looked it up and you can find that here. I knew you were wondering. You’re welcome.
16 thoughts on “Odd Bits”
If you keep reading my blog, these are the reading recommendations you’re going to get! lolololol
The only thing I have to say about that is DAY-O!!!!! https://youtu.be/AQXVHITd1N4 🙂
So much weirdness, everywhere weirdness. Makes me want meatloaf and mashed potatoes, something I understand!
Weirdness is like salt. We all need a little, just not too much! Mmmm, meatloaf and mashed potatoes! I think we all understand that! 😉
Please read How Not to be a Dick and get back to us.
Inquiring minds want to know..
Oh.My.God. Okay, River, just watch Denis Leary’s video and then do the complete opposite. Seriously, to be a dick or not to be a dick — it’s a choice — don’t need a book to tell me that! 🙂
How refreshing it is to read a good old snarky post, Mona. Thanks for that! The Denis Leary video was so strange, but of course I enjoyed it. Loved him in Rescue Me. Did you ever catch that show? Totally awesome. If you haven’t, it’s along the lines of “Shameless”, another one of my favorites. Keep up the irreverent posts, friend!!
I’m not sure why, but I’ve only seen a couple/few episodes of Rescue Me, but I loved what I saw. That’s a show that I’d love to watch from the start and binge all the way through. I haven’t even heard of Shameless. I’ll have to look into that. Irreverent? Ay, Captain! (Not sure why I said that. 🙂 )
Interesting about the meaning of the graffiti. I don’t remember much about Denis Leary other than his name. I was busy in the 1990s, being kind to people who I didn’t want to be doing things with. Hadn’t quite mastered my Nancy Reagan persona yet.
And look at you now! Mastered any other personas you can share? 🙂
So many rabbit holes, which one to go down first…?!
I know, right? 🙂
I’m thinking I should check out that reading list!
Yes, please do. Or better yet, buy one or more of these recommendations and then get back to us on what B&N recommends to you next! 🙂 Mona
LOL! I’m not sure if Barnes and Noble thinks you’re a dick, or not dick enough. Team of experts, hehehe.
That is the story of my life. In between being too much or not enough! Mona